How I Spent My Bachelor Week
With Anne in Italy for a week, my “me” time was spent thusly…
- I worked, a lot.
- I made some slow but steady progress on building the vanities for our new bathrooms.
- I mowed the yard for the first time this year, climbed a tree to remove dead branches, and otherwise spent a day on miscellaneous yard work.
- I put a small dent in the disposal our scrap wood pile.
- I watched two Netflix DVDs: The Hurt Locker and Fantastic Mr. Fox.
- I watched the entire first season of Arrested Development on my iPad thanks to the Netflix app.
- I went to the grocery store once, and out for food five times: thrice for lunch and twice for dinner.
- I cleaned the cat box (it was awful).
- I cleaned up cat barf (slightly less awful) twice.
- I tried, unsuccessfully, to wash the mystery goo off of Anne’s car.
- I successfully (I hope) got our taxes in the mail and my IRA contributions recharacterized for tax purposes.
- I shot the shit with multiple neighbors on no less than three occasions.
- I took one bath in the new tub, but got greedy and filled it far too high resulting in luke-warm water at best.
- I went for a big-ass walk.
And of course, I missed Anne…